Interview with Dr. Andreo Spina on ArianaYoga.com….
September 23, 2014
CLICK ON THE LINK:
- What FRC, FAP and FR (his seminars) are and how they work together
- How scientific research and literature is at the forefront of his methods
- What Stretching is – how it’s more about the Central Nervous System
- Stretching before an athletic activity may be a bad idea but it doesn’t mean we should stop stretching!
- The research is out on foam rolling – why it isn’t MRT, but has other benefits
- Why you shouldn’t foam roll something when it hurts
- How he defines mobility and flexibility – hint one is passive the other is active
- When mobility becomes a problem – when you don’t have control of the movement
- Why he takes issue with the yoga pose-based model
- When more stretching can make things worse (when “tight” hamstrings can be a sign of neurological injury)
- His experience with yoga-related injuries, why yoga isn’t an anti injury practice